Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 7 A Very Special Day

I had an early run this morning down College St to Bergfeld Park etc. Then I joined our St. Gregory Catholic School community for the National Walk to School. I thought it was a great experience that reminded me of simpler days. I rode the bus but however we got ourselves to school every day I'm sure we all have memories of that daily trek.

We also celebrated Our Lady of the Rosary in our Catholic calendar today. This feast of the Catholic liturgy originates from a papal decree in the Middle Ages. Many probably wonder why the Catholic Church continues to hold onto these ancient traditions in our modern world. Certainly many ask us why we focus on Mary, isn't it all about Jesus? We respond as Catholics, ABSOLUTELY it's all about Jesus and we honor Mary because she is the original disciple who is all about Jesus. Let's follow her example and ponder the works of God in our lives. I believe we need that more than ever in our modern world.

Got Exercise????

No comments:

Post a Comment