Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Coming Together



A little harder to see on this cloudy day but the Chapel does continue to come together. I've had information from the firm that is designing the altar, ambo, baptismal font and tabernacle throne. I just spoke to one of the companies making a proposal for the stained glass. We've heard from the pew company that we've chosen based in North Dakota. Lots of moving parts but things are progressing well.
The time seems to slip through my fingers. I went to New Mexico for a couple of days of skiing and managed not to break anything. I also managed to come home with a bug that layed me low for a couple of days...........pretty powerful virus I suppose. I didn't feel like doing much of anything for a couple of days there. I'm better now but still feeling the after effects. A friend told me the doctor told them that the cough would last for a month............sounds fun.
Today is the Feast of the Martyr Polycarp. I had mass with the Gorman students this morning and I told them I bet no one has a friend or family member named Polycarp...............sounds like something industrial to me!!!!
Polycarp was martyred sometime in the 2nd Century of the Church. I encouraged the kids to respect the name of Jesus Christ because there is Power in His Name and martyrs like Polycarp were willing to die rather than to deny the name of Jesus. I urged them to be very careful not to use the name of Jesus as a meer exclamation or even worse to use the name of Our Lord in any blasphemous way at all. Sadly they hear examples of the misuse of the Lord's name on a daily basis but hopefully we can all remember to be extra cautious about the sacred name of the Son of God.
Let us pray that the Chapel of Saints Peter and Paul will be one more place where the name of the Lord is held Sacred and proclaimed as our Savior. May it be a "Light on the Loop" reminding all who pass by to keep Holy the Name of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment